The library offers FREE computer classes at most library locations and throughout the community.
Register for classes online (click the class name) or by calling 817-459-6900.
Online Learning Resources
No time to come to a class? Try some of these online resources to jumpstart your computer knowledge:
Practice typing skills on TypingWeb (create an account) or TypeOnline
Practice using the mouse from the very beginning, more practice, and even more practice!
Look for online tutorials for Microsoft Word, Excel and more near the bottom of the list. Requires that you set up a free account.
Online tutorials on everything from computer basics to social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Choose to follow a 'Lesson', click through an 'Interactive', take a quiz in the 'Extras', or watch a 'Video'.
For beginners, we recommend the following sequence:
- Computer Basics - Getting started with desktop and laptop computers.
- Email 101 - Introduction to email basics, etiquette and safety.
- Internet 101 - Tips for browsing and strategies for searching online.
- Internet Safety - Avoid the most common threats and learn how to protect your data and privacy.
- Beyond Email - Chat, Skype, blogging and more.
Online tutorials for Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more. Choose the version for your computer and watch a video, work through a step-by-step tutorial, or build your skills in Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, or Outlook 2010.
Learning on your Phone
Use these apps to learn something new on the go!