Library Cards for Kids
My First Library Card
It is important from the very beginning to read and sing to our babies and to help them slowly enter the world of print, song, rhyme and story. The library staff are ready and waiting to give children (newborn through 4 years old) these beautiful new cards! You can apply online, download an application, or visit any Arlington Public Library location to sign up.
Literacy Baskets for Babies
Calling all babies! The Arlington Public Library is bringing back literacy baskets for babies. Babies between the ages of 0 and 24 months that are proud cardholders of a My First Library Card are eligible to enter monthly drawings for a chance to win a literacy basket designed just for babies!
- Pick up a frequent user card at your local library.
- Receive a stamp from an Arlington Public Library staff each time you and your baby check out books using your My First Library Card and/or attend a Pops and Tots Bilingual Storytime or Bouncing Babies program.
- Submit your completed Frequent User Card (8 stamps) at your local library to be entered into a monthly drawing.
- If your baby’s frequent user card is drawn, you and your baby will enjoy a variety of books, music, and toys for hours!
We want all elementary age children in Arlington to have their own GOcard, the library card for children ages 4 to 12.
How to get a GOcard
With a library card, kids can
- Borrow books, music and DVDs for school and fun
- Use a computer
- Chat with a Librarian