- Please fill out entire application. Your application cannot be processed unless it is complete.
- A background check will be conducted on all applicants for most positions, and can take up to two weeks.
- When your background check is completed, a library staff member will contact you to set up a time for training for the volunteer position you’ve selected and you’ll be part of our story!
- Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older unless volunteering under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian that is also an approved volunteer.
- We only accept community service volunteers through the Arlington Municipal Teen Court program. We are unable to accept or authorize any other court ordered community service volunteers at this time.
- We also have opportunities for groups (families, service clubs, church groups, etc.). Do you know of a group that would like to help make Arlington a great place to live? Contact us and we'll be in touch!
The Friends of the Arlington Public Library members work together to provide two Book Sales for the community each year and appreciate donations of used books and audiovisual items that are in good condition (guidance on the types of materials they accept can be found on their donations page).
The Arlington Public Library Foundation provides a source of financial assistance to the Library through the solicitation of tax deductible contributions. Their goal is to provide an outstanding library for the people of Arlington. Donate online at: www.apl-foundation.org.
Invest in Our Future.
Join Reading Corps!
- Fill out a City of Arlington Volunteer application, agreeing to a background check through the City of Arlington and the Arlington Independent School District (if you’ll be working at an AISD Reading Corps site).
- When the background check is completed we’ll contact you to schedule your orientation session and to find out which RC site you’d like to work with.
- Beginning in September, you’ll be assigned to your site and will be ready to READ!
for more information