Library Connection Settings
Network Name or (SSID): LIB_ONLINE
Network Mode: Infrastructure
IP or Network Settings: DHCP enabled or Obtain an IP address automatically
DNS: Obtain DNS address automatically
Gateway: No default gateway set—your card should detect it automatically
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I need any special settings or passwords to connect?
No, the Library's wireless network is open to all visitors. No special encryption settings, user names, or passwords are required.
2. What wireless standard does the library use?
The Arlington Public Library System uses the WiFi standard (also known as IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n). Speed will vary by location and number of users.
3. Can I print?
Library printers are not available to wireless users.
4. Can the library help me configure my computer?
No, Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance.
5. Do the general rules about computer use still apply?
Yes, the Arlington Public Library Computer Use Policy applies to all computers within the library.
6. What about virus protection and security?
Virus protection and privacy security is not provided by the Library. Users are encouraged to have firewall and virus protection software installed on their computers before using the wireless Internet connection.
7. What can I do if I cannot connect to your wireless network?
While Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance, they may have practical suggestions about where WiFi signals tend to be strongest.