Arts and Crafts: DIY Hot Glue Accessories
Make your own accessories using a hot glue gun! This project will help improve fine motor skills and concentration. There are lots of different things you can do with your hot glue design once you finish it. You can make your own earrings, hair accessories, key chains, and more.
What you’ll need:
- A hot glue gun and glue sticks, preferably low temperature.
- Parchment paper
- A piece of paper to draw your design on.
- Blue or black pen.
- Acrylic paint, if you intend on decorating your design.
- Paintbrush (optional)
- Accessory base (e.g. hair clip, hair tie, jewelry)
- Mod Podge is optional if you want to add an extra layer of protection to your accessory.
- Draw your design on the piece of paper with a blue or black pen. Make sure the lines connect with each other.
- Place the parchment paper over the design.
- Use the hot glue gun to trace over your design on the parchment paper.
- Let the hot glue cool down and harden, then carefully remove it from the parchment.
- Steps 5 through 7 are optional! Paint the design in the colors you choose and let it dry.
- If you would like to add a shiny luster to your design, use Mod Podge to paint over the paint.
- Let the Mod Podge dry. It will be dry when the Mod Podge has become transparent on your paint.
- Add hot glue to where you want your design to be placed on the accessory and glue your design to it.
- Enjoy your finished product!