Arts and Crafts: Toilet Paper Roll Flowers
If you find yourself running out of things to do during this time, don’t worry we here at the Arlington Public Library have just the thing for you. Do you have any empty toilet paper rolls? Save them, put some music on, channel your inner Bob Ross, and create beautiful flowers! All you need are a few supplies!
- 2 Toilet Paper Rolls
- Paper or canvas of choice
- Paint (we used acrylic paint)
- A paintbrush or a Cotton Swap
- A paper plate or container to hold your paint
Once you have gathered all your supplies and channeled your inner artist you are ready to begin!
- Start by cutting thin strips all around your toilet paper roll, up to the halfway point of the roll is okay. To make your flowers smaller cut your strips closer to the top and to make your flowers larger cut your strips closer to the base of the roll.
- Pour your choice of paint into a container.
- Press your cut toilet paper roll into the paint and swirl it around enough so that the paint covers the strips.
- Once the strips on the toilet paper roll are coated, press the strips on your paper or canvas, where you wish to have your flower. Repeat this process as many times as you wish.
- Grab your paintbrush or cotton swab and draw a stem on your flowers.
- Finally, add some finishing touches, using your paintbrush or cotton swab and your paint color of choice dab around the flowers to create some dimension.