Arlington Public Library is CLOSED Until Further Notice
To ensure the health and safety of our patrons and staff all library locations will be CLOSED until further notice. Book drops will remain open for patrons to return items throughout our seven library locations. All fines can be paid online or in-person once all library locations are back in service. Physical item holds will be available to patrons at all locations through March 14 and through March 15 at the Downtown location and Southeast Branch. Any holds not picked up by then will be made available to patrons after April 1, 2020. During this time all programs and events are canceled. Meeting rooms will also not be available to the community.
Please refer to the City of Arlington’s Coronavirus webpage for more information on prevention and other actions the city has taken. We appreciate everyone's understanding as we work together on minimizing the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
During this time, the Arlington Public Library encourages patrons to take advantage of our online resources. Below you’ll find a list of FREE resources that can be accessed from home with a library card.
- It has a large selection of popular eBooks, comics, and eAudiobooks. Use with a wide variety of e-readers (including Kindle), portable devices (including Android and iPhones), PCs, and Macs.
- Features downloadable audiobooks and eMagazines. Listen or read on many devices, and there are never any waiting lists. Choose from thousands of titles: the collection includes bestsellers, Recorded Books exclusives, classics, selections for children and young adults, and much more.
- It offers eBooks in a wide range of subject areas. Areas include career development, art, cooking, and traditional school subjects (History, English, Science, etc.). It provides powerful tools to help you find, use, and manage the information you need.
To browse through our entire list of databases click here.
- Brainfuse Arlington
- Brainfuse is a service offering live tutoring for Arlington students in grades 7-12. All students can access the service at any Arlington Public Library location. Arlington ISD students can access the service from home with an Arlington library card or student ID.
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) is an online research tool that “pulls together” many of our resources so that they can be explored using a single search box; you could think of EDS as the Library’s version of Google!
- Not only does it search many of our resources with one search box, but EDS also returns your results quickly and ranks them according to relevancy. It’s powerful and should be of help in finding resources for your research. Just keep in mind that, like Google, it may return a large number of results and you will need to use judgment when assessing their value.
- Mango Languages
- offers access to 60 foreign language courses and 17 English courses taught completely in the user's native language. In addition to traditional language courses, Mango also offers the opportunity to learn through a foreign film with Mango Premiere™ and access to a variety of specialty mini-courses, like Pirate, Medical Spanish, and romance courses.
- Investors value Morningstar data and analysis, as well as the exclusive investment tools and educational features available online.
- Providing a comprehensive collection of reliable news sources covering a wide array of topics and issues.