1944 - Lou Henry Taylor - portrait taken in Memphis, December 1944
Lou Henry Taylor was a pioneering business woman in The Hill. She opened a small grocery store on Taylor Street in 1946 and eventually moved her enterprise to the corner of Indiana and Houston Streets about 1957. There she developed a side-by-side grocery and lounge known as Lou's Blue Lounge or The Blue Magic Club. The building stood until as late as 2015, across from the Church of God in Christ on Indiana Street. This portrait of Lou Henry was taken in Memphis Tennessee in December 1944.