Woodland West Branch Library
Southwest Branch Library
Southeast Branch Library
Northeast Branch Library
Lake Arlington Branch Library
East Library and Recreation Center
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
George W. Hawkes Downtown Library
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
If you can’t find an item you are looking for, double check the library catalog to see if item is currently owned by Arlington Public Library. If you have searched the library’s catalog, and we do not own the material you are searching for, you can either
- Suggest that we consider the item for purchase, especially if the item is not yet published or has been published in the last 6 months OR
- Request the item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). ILLs allow patrons to obtain materials from participating libraries throughout the United States. Save and print out our ILL form and take it to any library‘s reference desk. A fee of $2.00 will be charged for each request. If we are unable to borrow the item you requested, your money will be refunded. The Library is able to request many types of materials from these libraries, however, in rare cases materials provided through Interlibrary Loan will be restricted to in-library use only. Users of the Interlibrary Loan service must hold a valid Arlington Public Library card.
If you’re interested in an item, the WorldCat database is a user-friendly resource for getting information about other libraries’ materials.
What is not available through Interlibrary Loan?
- Downloadable items, such as eBooks and downloadable audiobooks.
- Popular authors and/or newest titles We request patrons suggest items for purchase, especially for those published within the last 6 months. Lending institutions will not loan these materials.
What is available through Interlibrary Loan?
- Audio Visual Material (audio tapes, CDs, microfilm, microfiche and videos) Limited availability due to a shortage of AV lenders.
- Photocopies of newspaper, magazine, or journal articles Limited photocopies of specific portions of non-circulating or reference books and microforms (portions of an index, table of contents, obituaries, etc. from archival, genealogy, local history or reference material.
- Non-circulating Genealogy Materials Only a handful of libraries will loan Genealogy/Local History material, but we can frequently obtain photocopies of specific information.
- Information on a specific subject Please provide as much information as possible about what is needed, age of person needing it, and sources already checked so that you do not receive duplicate information.