Genealogy and Local History Collection
Genealogy Society Members
Due to the closing of the Central Library and the building of a new library, the genealogy collection is separated into different locations.
- Genealogy book collection will be shelved at Northeast Branch
- Microform collection will be at our warehouse and need to be requested in order to view
- Local newspapers, phonebooks, city directories and yearbooks will be available at Central Express
- Microform reader and printer will be at Central Express
The Arlington Genealogical Society meets the second Tuesday of every month from September through June at 6:30 p.m. at the West Arlington Police Service Center Community Room at 2060 W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington, Tx. Visitors are always welcome. For more information contact Ruth Goodman.
More information is available on the Central Library Project web page at http://www.arlingtontx.gov/centrallibrary/. This site will offer construction updates, answers to frequently asked questions, calendar events, library history, special features and fascinating vintage photos.
Available from Home
Most genealogy databases can be accessed from home.
The Arlington Journal and The Arlington Citizen from the years 1897 - 1940.
Available at all Library Locations
Ancestry Library Edition
World's largest online resource for family history documents and family trees.
Print Genealogy Collection
From all 50 states except Hawaii and various countries, with an emphasis on those places that are important in historical immigration patterns to Texas. Search in our catalog. Including Arlington Obituary books compiled by volunteers.
- Newspaper clippings on local events in our Arlington local history vertical files
- Select Arlington ISD school annual yearbooks
- Historical Arlington City directories and phone books
Arlington Genealogical Society surname index
Various genealogy resources on microfilm
Self-service photocopies are $.10 per page. The photocopiers accept cash and do provide change.
Microprint copy machines
We have one state-of-the-art microfilm machine that prints to our public printers for $.15 per page.
Digital Public Library of America
Recent Documents on Arlington, Texas
The Digital Public Library of America brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.